cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Work Schedule Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to apply a variant to DWS if the previous day is holiday.

EX: if Tuesday is a holiday, I need to apply variant B to Wednesday.

Any ideas!?!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Daily Work Schedule Variant

The daily work schedule variant allows you to define several different versions of the same daily work schedule.

You can use variants to define shorter working hours on Fridays or on days preceding public holidays, for example, or to indicate that absence hours should be calculated according to the average daily working time.

- You can create variant for DWS in V_T550A

if this resolves your problem, award with points.

All the best,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the respone. I know variant gives you an option of defineing shoter day. My question is how create a variant rule such that day will be decreased if the previous day is a holiday (in variant rule you can check whether next day is holiday, but not previous day)

For ex: DWS has 8 planhours. Monday is holiday I want to reduce tuesday to 2 hours.

How can I achieve this requirement?

Any ideas or methods!?!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Man

Good and interesting Requirement......

See there is no standard Configuration available for this requirement.

The Solution for this is .....

A Custom PCR, in which u need to query the holiday class on the previous day and change the holiday class of the current day...

I am sure there is an operation to change the holiday class of the current day, i dont know about querying the holiday class of the previous day....if u dont find , go for a custom operation.

this will not reflect in work schedule obviuosly....

need to inform the employees before and then get it right in evaluation.....

thanks and regards

Mohammed Azeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your inputs. Azeem I like your suggestion. But here the hours needs to shown to the employee on the CATS too.

So, I came up with a manual method, applying the variant manually while creating the WS on the applicable days.

Do you guys think, is it a good way to do it? any complications and watch points in my method??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think U can go for it, easy going solution. Make sure that it is known to every person who generates( or will generate) the work schedules.....

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Azeem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no where speciafically mentioned as this variant should be used for this only. Its a generic statement You can create several variants for daily work schedules that differ in content.

Thanks

Naveen