Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting info message into error message hardcoded in a standard program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Due to some Good Manufacturing Practices in the Pharmaceutical Industry, users are demanding that message i102(40) (SAPLCOSD / LCOSDF2D / FORM OrderTables_Fill line 478) a hardcoded info message be converted into an error message.

I have struggled all day long on the PPCO exits, but it was not possible to find one that comes prior to this message, so I could prevent the error.

I then tried to create a field exit on field CAUFVD-GSTRP, but it was not possible to create a field exit for this field (it was not present at PRFB).

Is there any other way of changing it without changing the standard code (even though it's just one caracter from i102(40) to e102(40).

Many thanks in advance,

Alberto

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

There is a solution which we used in one of our requirement.

To replace standard sap code, in ECC 6 SAP provided Enhancement Sections.

Step 1: Give program name and from and to line numbers in which you need to create a Enhancement section. Give this details to BASIS. They will provide you access key.

Step 2: Create a Enhancement Section for this portion of code.

Step 3: Create implementation for this enhancement section.

You can't create multiple implementations for enhancement section.

Activate it and now your new code will be executed.

[Click here |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a0/47e94086087e7fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]to read the same in help.sap.com.

all the very best to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are in one of the newer versions of ECC, you could try an implicit enhancement.

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working ECC6 version you have enhancement spot ES_SAPLCOSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, many thanks for your prompt answers.

But unfortunately, my mistake, I forgot to tell you that I am still working with on R/3 Enterprize version 4.7.

I know that I can register an object on SAP and get a key to change the standard code, but wouldn't that imply into a loss of guarantee (I don't know if you know what I mean)?

0 Kudos

Hello.

Enhancement points, Enhancement spots, Enhancement sections will fall under ENHANCEMENTS rather than MODIFICATION.

If you need any more inputs in ECC 6.0 Enhancement frame work let me know I can send you one easy-to-check power point.

But, Unfortunately I can't help you much for your problem.

For your requirement...

In 4.6 We need to modify the code by using access key.

But, in ECC 6 we can Enhance the code by using access key.

Hope you got the difference.

All the very best.

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Mohan, many thanks, it looks that I'll need to change the standard code anyway...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forget, I changed the standard anyway...

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Even I have a similar requirement where in I have to modify standard code in version 4.6c.

Here I guess we cannot comment existing code rather we can only add our own code using Insert ...please confirm.

BR,

Krishna.