cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference b/w mat level and Sku level in AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in AFS terminology what does the term material level and SKU level mean? and what does SKU valve mean?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure but as per SAP terminology

Mateiral level means it is unique at mateirl level for any plant

SKU level means - it is unique at stock keeping unit level

means suppose you keep stock in WM as LB but at matierl level you can buy at Ton or other

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

AFS materials are attached with Grids in which using characteristics ,dimensional values are entered.

Ex Shirt is manufactured in different sizes say L,XL,S,M and colours say blue,green and white.

Size and colour as used as dimensions(characters)and l,xl,blue... used as dimensional values.

If stock of shirt is say 25 pcs.out of which L Blue is 10 and XL green is 15 pcs.

When we note stock at material level ,we say as 25

at Grid level we say L BLUE shirt is 10 pcs which SKU level.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Raj.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

tks rajaram for the understable answer. first question is clear. can you pls take a look at second one ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you pl elaborate on SKU Value.What exactly you want to know?

Regards,

Raj.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

with context of below message can u explain what does it mean.

" In purchase orders that are created with reference to a purchase requisition you can no longer manually change the SKU values specified in the purchase requisition."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It means you can not change Grid Values .As I mentioned material is attached with a Grid and Grid constitues Dimensional values which in other terms can be called as SKU.

When PR is created, it is created with some particular Grid dim values which u can not change.

Suppose a fabric of BL colour is required and PR is generated,now you can not change BL colour with any other colour.

Regards,

Raj.K