cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Problem - Windows Mobile 6 Classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem with memory for MAM's application. We're using an Psion Workabout 2nd Generation Long with 128 Flash Memory and 128 Ram Memory. When we sync the data and try to execute de MI appication it sends me a message that it don't have enough memory. Then I've gone to Windows Mobile Setting -> System -> Memory and gives me the info of two memories.

Storage

Total 52,79 mb

In Use: 52,54 MB

Free: 0,00

Program

Total 123,12 MB

In Use: 53,52

Free: 69,50 MB

We've bought an SD memory of 1 GB, it's posible to use this memory to record the Sync data there?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

beside Sivas answer I am a little worried about the first few lines. You say you bought 128/128 devices, but when looking at the memory it seems to be a 128/64 device and this would describe your problem. The SD card does not really help you. You could - off course - install MI and MAM on th SD cad, but this would cause performance issues with MI.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

128MB of RAM Memory is more than sufficient to run both MI and MAM together. Just that you will have to increase the memory allocated to the JVM Process. The steps you mentioned will not work. In order to increase the memory allocation, copy the MobileEngine.lnk or MIServer.lnk file present in \Windows\Startup folder onto your desktop, then right click and choose the option Send To ->Notepad. Now add the -ml parameter with an argument like 64000 (this value can be changed depending on the memory available on PDA). -ml is an command line argument for the Creme JVM which stands for Memory Limit (ml). The parameter passed to this argument indicates the amount of memory that would be allocated for this particular process. In this case 64MB(64000KB) will be allocated for JVM. The contents of this file will now be 255#"\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -ml 64000 -Of -cf MI\creme_listOfJars.txt com.sap.ip.me.core.Startup -home:/MI. Copy this file back to \Windows\Startup after you delete the old one and restart the PDA. This will solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar