Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to save interactive Adobe Form data to SAP

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I created an Adobe Interactive form and created a submit button outside of the form (I tried inside as well.)

After entering data on to the form, I clicked save button (it suppose to execute bapi function to save data), but it is not saving data.

When I click the button, Wait icon pops up and goes through infinite loop. I tried break point in the method of onActionSubmit to see where it is failing, but it looks like it is not even going that far.

Anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I assume that your form is native and of ZCI Layout.

If so - then "wait" and "not going anywhere" looks like you don't have ContainerFoundation_JS JavaScript library in your form.

You must insert the JavaScript library into the form if the form is ZCI layout.

Go to SFP. Click Layout Tab. Then select Utilities -> Insert Web Dynpro Script in the SAP GUI menu bar.

To see if the script has been inserted - check if you have ContainerFoundation_JS in Variables on the form Hierarchy.

Regards,

Tatyana.

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

1. Is the button in the form or in the WD4A View?

Button is in WD view, though I tried in the form as well.

2. What is the displayType for the form - ActiveX or Native?

Native

3. What is the layout type for the form?

Standard Layout

FYI. I am using Web Dynpro ABAP (via SE80.)

Click Layout Tab. Then select Utilities -> Insert Web Dynpro Script in the SAP GUI menu bar

This menu item is not enabled.

Do I need make form layout to ZCI Layout even though I am using Dynpro for ABAP?

When I tried to select ZCI Layout, it says "Check the Web Dynpro Script of the layout.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, you will have to make the form of ZCI layout type.

Run the transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE .

Running this will transform the form to ZCI type and also insert the WebDynpro Script in the form.

Regards,

Reema

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

It works!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am a newbie to Interactive Adobe forms and a functional person. So far what I have got from forums and documentation is that i don't need to know coding in order to create an interactive form. I was wondering if you know any tutorial on how to create interactive form using Form builder? Also, I will really appreciate if you could provide me any information on end-to-end process with interactive forms. That is, how do I allow end uses to use it, fill it and submit it online and then how do I save the data in SAP once it is submitted?

I will really appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,

Kunal

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

It all depends on what you want to do.

If you are planning on users to fill out on-line form only and submit to SAP, it is pretty easy to do (that is once you understand how to create web dynpro and interactive form).

You can also have users fill a form offline and upload to online and save it to SAP.

You do need to know little bit about coding (ABAP or JAVA),

but can be done w/ very minimum coding.

If you are planning on doing in Web Dynpro ABAP,

go to SE 80 and select WebDynpro and create form.

To save data/form to SAP, you probably want to use BAPI or Function module already available so that you don't have to do much coding to save data.

See some of these links for helpful tutorials. Thomas Jung has several good tutorials, but none of them probably have all the information you need... you just have to pick some from here and some from other places... If you have specific question, I will be happy to guide you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7c/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/c766e918-0b01-0010-99b1-c2b78cd059...

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Native

Standard Layout

Click Layout Tab. Then select Utilities -> Insert Web Dynpro Script in the SAP GUI menu bar

Do I need make form layout to ZCI Layout even though I am using Dynpro for ABAP?

When I tried to select ZCI Layout, it says "Check the Web Dynpro Script of the layout.

Edited by: John Lee on Sep 5, 2008 1:29 PM

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have 3 questions for u

Regards,

Reema.

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Native

Standard Layout

Edited by: John Lee on Sep 5, 2008 1:29 PM