Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how sapinst work

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to know, how sapinst tool work,

at the back what's happening,

and i heard that, it will stored the password of <SID>ADM and SAPSERVICE<SID> in a folder during the installation,

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

installation run in two phases one is input phase where you give all the inputs and in other phase is execution phase where it uses file called keydb.xml which got populated during input phase,

all user sidadm userid and passwords location of dump everthing is stored in inthis file

Samrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Haroon

Sapinst is built in java environment, that is why u install java intially,

it looks for the components selected, i,e the inputs given by you at the input phase, these are stored in the file called keydb.xml.

Based upon that it creates the environment i,e the users and where to be installed, and mainly the database is completely installed by the r3load.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

sapinst toll used for installation of sap products.sapinst server where the sap will be installaed and sapinst gui where the gui will be running for control and monitor the installation.You can get information how to run sapinst for local and remote installation from the installation guide.In the background r3load will do the main installation.

Regarding password i think it will be stored in etc/passwd directory in unix.

Regards

Ashok