Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Maintenance of Cost Element Groups in KAH2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question concerning authorizations related to the maintenance of cost element groups (tcd KAH2).

Is it technically possible to restrict the maintenance of cost element groups on a specifc cost element group and not on the chart of account as proposed by the K_CSKA_SET authorization object.

Indeed the K_CSKA_SET authorization object is one of the object checked and maintained by transaction KAH2.

It contains the 2 following fields :

ACTVT : activity

KTOPL : Chart of Accounts

However I would like to restrict the maintenance of a specific cost element group and not the chart of account in which it belongs to.

For example:

I have one chart of account : COA and 2 cost elements groups CEG-1 and CEG-2 linked to COA.

I would like to restrict the maintenance access on CEG-1 but not on CEG-2.

It means that some users will be able to maintain CEG-2 but not CEG-1 in the same chart of account.

Is it something feasable with the authorizations?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vince

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> It contains the 2 following fields :

>

> ACTVT : activity

> KTOPL : Chart of Accounts

I ran some traces and KTOPL is the cost element group.

> I would like to restrict the maintenance access on CEG-1 but not on CEG-2.

Try this Vince.

ACTVT : 03, 02

KTOPL : CEG-2

ACTVT : 03

KTOPL : CEG-1

0 Kudos

Hi John,

No, the field KTOPL is used for chart of accounts that you can also find in table T004.

The cost element groups are something different and belong to a specific chart of account.

I don't think there is any existing authorization object with a field that could restrict on a cost element group.

I don't know what could be the alternative solutions to restrict the maintenance on a cost element group which is in the same chart of account as the other ones.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Regards,

Vince