cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date fields missing when mapping a infoobject with time dependent attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I'm in BI 2004's (7.0) trying to build a transformation. In fact, it's a modification in standar transformation to load 0CCA_O09 DSO from R/3. I added 0PROFIT_CTR infoobject to that DSO, and i want to read master data from 0COSTCENTER to fill profit center in DSO. That attribute is time dependent, so i have to push on the "clock button" to select the date to read master data. Three options are aviable, and i need to select BUDAT as date field. So i select third option "start" and push matchcode to select BUDAT. Well, what a surprise when NO date field appears, i get message "No values found".

Before that, i added BUDAT as source fields of rule, and mapped it with 0DATEFROM in infoobject assignment. I don't undestand anything at all...

I think i'm doing well, but i have not found any OSS note about that.

I pray for help, it's driving me crazy. If i don't get it, i will leave SAP world and i'll exiliate myself in a far mountain like an hermit.

Thanks in advance.

Luisma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the documentation below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/d1d742eb7d6976e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

"...

If the InfoObject is time-dependent, you usually have to add a time characteristic before you can specify the period. This must be an SAP time characteristic (0CALDAY, 0CALWEEK, 0CALMONTH, 0CALQUARTER, 0CALYEAR, 0FISCYEAR, 0FISCPER).

..."

You cannot use a time characteristic which is not standard.

Regards,

Paula Csete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paula,

thanks for information. Everything is clear.

But the problem is that

BW system doesn't allow to choose standard time characteristics which is added to the rule in the transformation.

I'm waiting for reply to my OSS message.

Best Regards,

Elena Ganchenko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm pleased to inform all of you that my oss message was forwarded to sap development.

They will fix this system error.

I'll keep you informed.

BR,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Thanks for sharing your news.

You must be very important, or very lucky: before i posted here my problem about time-depedent attributes, i sent an OSS message to SAP. Their answer was an advice for me, they told me that what i needed was a consultant advice, as if i didn't know what i was doing with my system...i'm still angry with support department. Each time i try to solve something with their help, i get a little more and more disappointed.

At least, it seems it would be solve in a while.

Best regards.

Luis Manuel Riosalido.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are pulling delta's you can use DATEFROM = today (or SY-DATUM) and DATETO = 99991231.

If it is a full load or initialization, then you need to identify the DATEFROM and DATETO from fields in your datasource.

If you can live with your data as is for now, initialize with no data transfer and then take in the deltas as suggested above.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Brian Anthony;

Sorry, but i don't undestand your solution. I'm not talking about deltas. In fact, the way we load that DSO doesn't matter here.

Maybe i have to explain myself more in detail: i'm creatting mapping rules inside a transformation. My problem is that i can not select time characteristic to read master data attribute. I need to fill 0PROFIT_CTR infoobject from 0COSTCENTER master data. 0PROFIT_CTR is one of 0COSTCENTER time-dependent attributes, so if i want to build that rule inside a transformation, system also needs a time characteristic to read master data. This assignment is aviable in a little screen pushing "the clock button", in 3 diferent ways, as i explained before. The required way is ussing one of time characteristic provided by the data source, BUDAT, but it doesn't appear as aviable time characterístic. In fact, no date field appears.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luisma Riosalido,

now I have absolutly the same problem.

Have you managed to resolved the problem?

Pls, could you help?

Best Regards,

Lena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

I'm affraid i have no solution for that issue.

I had to select "Actual Day" to read master data. If I find something, i will post it here.

Best Regards.

Luisma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you get any solution in the meantime?

I have the same problem and would open an OSS in case there's no solution found yet!?

Thanks in advance

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

2 days ago I asked OSS about this problem.

Support consultant analysed the problem in our system remotely.

Now we're waiting for reply.

I'll post info when I receive it.

Best Regards,

Lena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elena.

I couldn't solve this. Finally, i read attributes with the same key date: actual date. Our processes accepted this solution, and i didn't think about it any more. Anyway, Please, share solution if you get one.

Thanks a lot.

Luisma