cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible in free goods to give extra quantity of another materials.Like-For the purchase of 100 units of material A can we give the 2 units of material B ?If yes ten How?

Please reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the standard SAP Ordered material and free goods material (not quantities) is possible only in the ratio of 1:1. Ratios like 1:2 or 2:1 is not possible. You cannot give B and C free if A is purchased. In such cases you should define B and C as a BOM material and can offer that BOM material as Free with the puchase of A.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Ravi.

Ya I thik this is the only solution for this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YA WE CAN GIVE DIFFRENT MATERIAL IN FREE GOODS,BUT HOW CAN I ADD MORE THAN ONE ITEM OTHER THAN ORDERED ITEM?

FOR EX. ORDERED ITEM IS 'A' AND WE HAVE TO GIVE 'B' AND 'C' AS A FREE GOODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, it is very much possible.

At VBN1 you need to select Exclusion Indicator and maintain condition records for such requirement.

Like 100 units of material A we can give the 2 units of material B.

It also has three different types of calculation rules. They are

1. Pro rata basis

2. Whole Units

3. Unit reference.

Hope you are aware of the calculation rules. Let me know if you need clarification on this.

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thax

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it is possible. This is called Free Goods - Exclusive. In Free Goods - Inclusive...the Free goods quantity is part of the ordered quantity and the free goods material will be the same as the ordered material. In Free goods-Exclusive...the freegoods quantity is in addition to the ordered quantity and the free goods material can be the same as ordered material or a different material.

This is a standard functionality provided by SAP.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thax Mr Ravi for the quick reply.