cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Month and Year coming from flat file( like 122007). How should I load this into SAP ( like into Calmonth and Cal year)

Also,

I have scenario where in I have a file with around 200 fields. Its sales data. Do I have to create custom fields for all or I should use sap fields. These fields are a lot diff from R3 sales data.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You can use 0CALMONTH and load the data and also you can apply required conversion Routine (PERI6 or ALPHA) if there is any change in the format depending on the requirement.

It is better to use the SAP defined infoobjects for those fields, all you have to do is map the fields with the same Data type and length, if there are no objects with the required Data type and length, you can create new infoobjects.

Hope this helps............

Rgs,

Ravikanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW wants date related objects to be in the format YYYYMMDD, so you need to convert your field to YYYYMM in order to get it to read in successfully.

Change it in your transfer rules before the data comes in ... here's some of the code:

Calendar Month/Year field = MONTH (this is the MMYYYY value you receive)

Year = MONTH+2(4).

MTH = MONTH+0(2).

CONCATENATE YEAR MONTH INTO RESULT.

Of course, since this is a flat file, you can always change the format in the file either at creation or using Excel.

Also, for you 200+ fields, you will either need to use pre-defined characteristics or create custom characteristics for each field you bring into BW. Good luck on that -and- are you really going to use all of them?

Brian