cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer connection using OpenConnectivity CSV driver fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Designer 12 and I'm trying to create a connection using the BusinessObjects OpenConnectivity driver for CSV files as a test of data access open drivers. I can define the connection, but when I test it with the Test button I get an error dialog that says:

SBO0001

Exception Calling cnx

Has anyone seen this error? It feels like a configuration problem, but I'm just using what was installed by BO.

I have other connections for Oracle JDBC and MS-Access ODBC that are working fine.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm interested in creating an OpenConnectivity driver, so I wanted to play with the example CSV driver. I don't have any reason to use the Generic ODBC driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tres, just disregard the Test Connection error message and go ahead and finish the connection. Then when you click "Browse Tables" in Designer you'll see that it actually works.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tres,

It's almost a year ago, and it seems to be the only thread for this problem.

Today, I tried the same thing as you did, with the same result. The later hint - just ignoring the error message - doesn't work for me. When trying to insert tables there comes a new message saying 'OpenConnectivity driver error : Error opening file: file.csv'. The file definitely exists, and its content looks ok.

Have you found any solution for this? There's almost nothing to read about it in the BO docs.

thanks

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same problem you faced with CSV driver... Can you tell me how you corrected it?

Thank you very much.

Giovanni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tres, I'm getting the same error when I try to create the connection and I have not found any info on this type of connection and error. Can you use generic ODBC drivers instead?