cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Load: Zprogram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a concern on inventory load program we use to convert inventory load from legacy into SAP.

I also know that the Zprogram what we use calls standard trans code MB11. My question is even without storgae loaction data in material master, can I upload the inventory? I tried using MB11 for 561 mvt. It worked. But in our legacy system we have all other mvt types as well. How do I know for which and all mvts types, it will accept stock load without storage location data?

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your program calling standard transaction, for example MB11 or MB1C, then you can directly load stock without creating any storage location data view.

This option is there in customization. If you go to SPRO, and then find the path Material Management>Inventory Management>Goods Receipt-->Create automatic storage location data. There you will find for which movement types you can directly load inventory without creating storage location view. System will create storage location data upon first goods receipt. Similarly

Material Management>Inventory Management>Transfer posting--> Create automatic storage location data, there also you will find for which movements system will create automatically stoarge location data.

Thanks,

Ganesh Tiruvail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It worked. I got the answer. Thanks for your reply. I want to mention one more point here. Like Goods Receipt, Transfer posting, even for Goods Issue there are automatic updation of storage location data.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot load stock without storage location, except for subcontract stock or consignment stock at customer.

If you have already tried that with 561, then have a look into MMBE to see where your stock is.

If you want to load stock, then you do this with 561 to 566 movement types, even you have a 201 movement type in your legacy system.

If you dont specify a location and the Zprogram posts to a location, then there might be some hardcoding that defaults a certain location if no one is given in extract. So you have to read your Z-program to understand what it does.