cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Definition - PortType and Bindings missing in WSDL tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a valid wsdl - document type and imported it into the IR. Almost everything looks OK. No errors on the import, messages show in the message tab. However, when I look at the wsdl tab, I notice that only about half of my orginal wsdl is displayed. The PortType and Bindings nodes are missing. Is there a reason why XI might be stripping this off?

Edited by: Mark Ortiz on Sep 4, 2008 6:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

It could be because, an imported WSDL as ED in XI can only be used to extract the messages and use them in the custom interfaces. The WSDL tab shows the dynamic data content from the object. It might be that they might have only considered to export the message types rather than the ports and bindings. Try generating the WSDL for an interface which uses these ED messages. You might find a complete WSDL definetion.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It looks like the WSDL tabe in ED does not show the PortType and Binding information. However, it does not removed that information from the WSDL that I imported. If I look at the WSDL def in the Message Interface, it does contain that information.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when u import the wsdl file in IR, It will treat as the structure and when u see in the wsdl file in wsdl tab all the methods and namespace are equal but the system information differs.It takes the info of the Xi server.

But u need to give the wsdl info in ID , It reads system info from ID only not from IR( IR acts as skeleton)

Regards,

Jayasimha jangam

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark

Integration builder expects the WSDL in document-style format. Looks like your definition is in rpc-style format. When you import rpc-style format, the integration builder will retain only abstract description and will ignore the concrete information like binding.

Hope this helps.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. My WSDL is in Document Type. I did try RPC to see if that changes, but they both had the same results.