Did you mean: 

Data Segregation for two Different Companies for Common Business Database

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am in confusion.

My Query is :

Suppose Two diffrent companies are using the same SAP R3 PRD Server with common Database.

Now, the compnies are going to segregrate from each other , as one company wants to run its Business independently. But, the database is common, upto right now.

The Database is Oracle 9.2.0

The SAP System is based on SAP R3 4.6C.

Right now, The size of the Database is arround 1.5 TB.

The Main Question is that How can we segregate the Data of each individual Company, so that We can have the benifit of decrease in the size of Databse (which requires Archiving). The other company, which isgoing to be segregated will continue with SAP, but with their own new SAP System Landscape.

The confusion is on that How can we segregate the Data for that Company ?

On which basis , we can smoothern the desired work ?

I want your suggestions that in which way we can segregate the Data from the Database on SAP Level or at DBMS Level. So, that the company can take them and import it to its own SAP Systems (if they want).

What are the alternatives to do Data Segregations in this kind of situation?

Any Prepared Tools (at SAP Level or at DBMS Level ) are available to ease the Work of Data Segregation for this kind of Situation ?

Please, I am waiting for your preciouse suggestions.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

> Suppose Two diffrent companies are using the same SAP R3 PRD Server with common Database.

> Now, the compnies are going to segregrate from each other , as one company wants to run its Business independently. But, the database is common, upto right now.

Ok, two companies, one SAP instance - both should work in their own SAP client.

> The Main Question is that How can we segregate the Data of each individual Company, so that We can have the benifit of decrease in the size of Databse (which requires Archiving). The other company, which isgoing to be segregated will continue with SAP, but with their own new SAP System Landscape.

> The confusion is on that How can we segregate the Data for that Company ?

> On which basis , we can smoothern the desired work ?

If both companies use a client on their own, this is not too difficult.

Build up a second NetWeaver instance and perform a remote client copy (or just copy the existing instance and delete the unwanted clients afterwards).

> What are the alternatives to do Data Segregations in this kind of situation?

If both companies did use the very same SAP client - well, then you're in a very bad place... This will require more or less manual data selection...

regards,

Lars

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thank you for Replying.

You are Right. Both Companies should use different Clients. But, they implemented SAP , 6 years ago, without thinking about that.

Both companies are using same Client in SAP.

But, Right now, I want to resolve the matter of Data Segregation in this kind of situation.

May i have the alternatives to resolve this matter ?

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already wrote:

You're in a very bad place.

There is no way to easily seperate the data now, since "MANDT" (client) is the marker for that.

I'm not even sure that a "sharing" of a SAP instance in that way would comply to the license agreements...

Anyhow: good luck!

Regards,

Lars

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, give me your suggestions.

Are there any Standards , to follow for this kind of situations, which i have mentioned in last Post.