cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between profit center in OKB9 and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small doubt over here in the profit center point of view.

We have created profit center 1200 and assigned the same in material master. Now while doing PO system threws error message like "Account 5005115 requires an assignment to a CO object Message no. KI235". To eliminate this error i have assigned Cost element(1001125) and Profit center(1200) in TC: OKB9, now system is able to post everything fine.

Here the issue " If i can change profit center in the material master say ex: 1201, system picks from the material master only then why assigned in the OKB9? while doing MIRO system updated in the 1201 profit center".

Could anybody update me why we need to assigned profit center in OKB9 and Material Master? explain me with examples please.

Thanks

anifi

Edited by: Anifi on Sep 4, 2008 5:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

System will always pick the profit center from the material master when material is involved. Regarding account, as you have created it as cost element it is expecting some cost object to be assigned. If you post something else which doesn't involve any material, it will hit 1200.

Assgin points if helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Generally each and every material will be assigned to the Profit center basion on which sales and distribution module will capture the revenue etc.,

whereas OKB9 will be using for automatic postings ( which will be configured separately). Both are using in different sceneraios. For examply if there is any price difference or any other account will be created directly through Goods receipt postings or revenue postings, in such a case OKB9 will be useful.

For example while you are creating cost center you can assign that element to one cost center, but in OKB9 you can define in another manner, OKb9 will be take the priority than the default assignment of the cost element master data.

For any automatic posting for any transaction viz., miro or etc., OKB9 will be useful to complete the transaction that means it automatically determines the concerned co assignment basing on the oKB9 matrix.

Regards

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to all i got good information and assigned points

Thanks

anifi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anfi,

Profit center in Mat master is the Key to capture the revenues for materials when they involved , or else the system will look for the Profit center (if it is defaulted) from OKB9

Hope this clarifies your Doubt,

Paartha