Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process change from DDU to Ex-Works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for clicking this post.

In the current system we have one Purchase Order, with one vendor who supplies the material and also arranges the freight (incoterms DDU = Delivered Duty Unpaid).

We are planning to move from DDU to Ex-Works, with our logistics partner handling the Delivery logistics for us, thus leveraging on their expertise.

If we now create a PO, while the material vendor will be the same, we need a new vendor (Partner Function?) for the Logistics Vendor. When the two invoice us, we are hoping to MIRO on the same PO and thus book freight on to the material.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you need an extra vendor master for your logistics partner.

But you create only one Purchase order, to the vendor who supplies the material.

In this PO at condition level you enter a planned freight, and there you can specify the logistics partner as the one who will send you the freight invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for that... I found that I can indeed specify my freight vendor when in the detail screen for freight.

Is there a way I can generate two Purchase Orders as output - one for the material supply and the other for the freight?

Does the system support a PO with "0" quantity (for the freight vendor)?

Thanks in advance.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not usual, but I have seen such cases.

Those companies had the carrier as well in the partner schema.

they created an extra message type for the PO (of course with a different form that does not show item prices) that is issued to the carrier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your tip. I was looking for some leads to resolve the issue and you provided me with that.

The rest I'll try and work it out.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)