cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between profit center in OKB9 and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small doubt over here in the profit center point of view.

We have created profit center 1200 and assigned the same in material master. Now while doing PO system threws error message like "Account 5005115 requires an assignment to a CO object Message no. KI235". To eliminate this error i have assigned Cost element(1001125) and Profit center(1200) in TC: OKB9, now system is able to post everything fine.

Here the issue " If i can change profit center in the material master say ex: 1201, system picks from the material master only then why assigned in the OKB9? while doing MIRO system updated in the 1201 profit center".

Could anybody update me why we need to assigned profit center in OKB9 and Material Master?

Thanks

anifi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not be required to assign a profit center in OKB9 except for a few situations where the system does (can) not put profit center in the line item or you do not put profit center while posting.

Therefore, if the the profit center is already in line item then the OKB9 profit center will not be defaulted.

Regards,

Sanjay Wagh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishna_ailanani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

OKB9 is the default account assignment, i.e when some posting are happen in FI (Example: when you are posing advertisement expenses the system will take cost center from OKB9, because the expenses are originated with in FI)the system will took from OKB9, but in your case since the profit center already exist in Material master system will ignore OKB9.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is about co.code level field status and Transaction level field status. In OKB9 transaction profit center is maintained and it is getting picked up.

As per SAP if any transaction level field status is maintained it will overwrite the co.code level field status.

So, here when you are giving the input of Profit center in the material master itself it is overwritting the co. code level field of profit center. If nothing is given in material master, then by default OKB9 level profit center will be picked up.

Thanks,

Prithwiraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to all i got good information and assigned points

Thanks

anifi