cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Cost Center data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client is getting off from parent company and starting its own new SAP system.

For this purpose i need to make a data extraction request with my client. Can any one please let me know which all tables data will i be needing for the migration of Cost Center bookings ?

Will be great be a great help if you could give me all the table names that are required for migration irrespective of field names.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want download the master data you can use csks table which will help you what are the existing cost centers they are using in the present environment.

In regarding transaction data, no necessity to create the transaction data, because cost center carries only P&L accounts.

Regards

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem we face is the migration from one system to another will take place within the Fiscal Year. We have to move at least the summary bookings per costcenter and per cost element from period 1 to 3 into the new system. What about PCA bookings ? Are they automatically booked if we migrate or book the cost center bookings manually ?

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carsten

In regarding profit center bookings, when you transfer the FI Transactions postings you can assign the Co assignment, for example if you post the transaction data through manually fi entry or migration at that time u assign the cost center, basing onthis automatically pca postings will be happends if u entered the profit center in the cost center master.

Thanks

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

But since we thought about taking over only open FI items and the balance for each account (too be booked manually into the new system), I guess we can not assign a costcenter to the balance booking right ?

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you are migrating from one system to another, you need to take care about the open items and transactions items ( P&L items) if it is in the middle of the year. when you are migrating the P&L items into system, you can pass the journal entry into the system that must be happened through FI not in directly in co, while doing in FI, you can seggregate the transactions into different cost centers / profit center wise .

We were uploading the data into the SAP in the similar way.

Regards

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to go to tables, but lot depends on the start date of the new system.

It is usually on the 1st day of new financial (fiscal year).

If you confirm this along with modules used and version of SAP system, we shall be able to guide you properly.

Ambadas