cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit to number of LOV in Business Views manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there a limit to the number of LOV that can be created in Business Views Manager?

Behind each LOV there is a Business View, Business Element, Data Foundation, Data Connection so I guess I am also asking is there a limit to the number of these that can be created also?

I have installed Crystal Reports Server 2008.

Best regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Are you creating a LOV directly from the database or Universe as a data source?

If you are creating a LOV from an universe, then follow the below steps in Universe Designer.

1. Go to File>Parameters.

2. Select the Controls tab.

3. Uncheck the "Limit size of result set to" option.

If you are creating a LOV directly from the database, then try scheduling the LOV from Business View Manager.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I am using Crystal Reports Server 2008 and it does not have Universe Designer.

When you say "creating a LOV directly from the database" do you mean creating a LOV from inside Business View Manager?

The LOV that i am creating are created automatically when i upload/publish reports to the repository.

My question is: if i continue to upload reports, and BVM continues to create LOV (and their associated objects), will i eventually reach some limit to the amount of LOV allowed?

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

There is no limit to the amount of LOV which is created in Business View Manager. You can continue creating reports based on LOV's and upload reports in to Enterprise. The LOV's in this scenario are managed by List of Values Job Server. Only the performance comes in to picture if you have more levels in LOV.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Arun

Answers (0)