cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional suppression of bitmap image

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have bitmap images in my report that I suppress conditionally as per the following formula:

{rev.trend_dir(1)} = "down" or {rev.trend_dir(1)} = ""

This works fine, but at some point the image becomes permanently suppressed, and I the only way to get it to show again is to convert between bitmap image and picture. I have not yet figured out what is triggering the permanent suppression... the images appear blank in the report designer.

I have tried forcing a false condition in the formula, but this does not refresh the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this instead:

IF ISNULL ({rev.trend_dir(1)})

or {rev.trend_dir(1)} = ""

or {rev.trend_dir(1)} = "down"

AND is the field {rev.trend_dir(1)} in the same section with your image so you can see what it contains in each instance (just as a test)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I tried that, but the problem is not constant,so it works with both old and new formula now. The field is in the same report section, and it has the correct value.

I suspect this is something to do with embedded image vs. linked... and somehow the image stays in a prior state of suppression... not sure.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you for posting your solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked around this issue by using text in place of images... stil not sure what was going on.