cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro to restrict the users to adjust keyfigure in planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My Planning book is using by all the managers, where i need to restrict a keyfigure to enter manually for few users.

Only for 3 users the keyfigure has to open, when they are in planning book, and all other users should not have any access to enter manually any voulmes in the planning book.

i tried framing a macro, but not successfull.

Is it really Macro required to make this? or any other way that we can make this?

if it is a macro can u brief,me how to proceed for the macro.

Thanks in Advance

Arun R Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even the logic is same as everyone is contributed. but

We need to open the keyfigure and write the macro to close the keyfigure.

The reverse way is not possible.

Thanks for your contribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

{Macro Name} User Specific Macro

{Control Statement} IF

User = Shireen

{Operator/function} USER( 'shireen' ) = 1

User Restriction - Shireen :(36 Iterations : M 09/2006; M 08/2009)

Row: History ( Attributes ) = {Operator/function} ROW_INPUT( 0 ) Row: Statistical Forecast ( Attributes ) =

{Operator/function} ROW_INPUT( 1 )

The details within {} are the Macro functions used to define every row of macro, which would be easy for you to create it again.

Here I am restricting the user SHIREEN to only edit Row: Statastical Forecast & Row: History is read only for him for a duration on 36 iterations(Months).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad.

You don't need the 36 iterations to set the row attribute. 1 would be enough.

Regards, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for your detail answerers.

But i have a doubt here,

If i use name of the user how the system will come to know who is the user using the planning book?

And is it required to give the user name or log in id of SAP server? if it is name we will be having first name and last name also so, which we can use here?

i found a function called ACT_USER to retrieve the user? does this anyway helps me?

Thanks for all your answers again, waiting for your reply

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

An alternative approach could be to use the USER macro function to control the availability of the key figure.

IF

USER( <NAME1> ) = 1

OR

USER( <NAME2> ) = 1

<key figure>

ROW_INPUT( 0 )

ELSE

<key figure>

ROW_INPUT( 1 )

ENDIF

of course the hassle with this approach would be that changes to the restricted users require updates to the macro, whereas the other approach of separate data views would be managed by user profiles.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best is to create a copy of the planning book / data view combination.

Make the keyfigures for one set of planning book / data view non-editable and for the other make the keyfigures editable.

Assign the two types of end users to the according planning book.

This can be maintained through security (role has specific planning books is accessible).

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is not the forum for this question.

There are APO alerts that use APO transaction /SAPAPO/AMON1 - Alert Monitor.

Can this alert monitor be configured to show up in the universal worklist (UWL) in the portal?

if so would these alerts show up in the alert inbox of the uwl just as other sap ECC alerts do?

(the other alerts i speak of are those referenced here (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm).

Or are these alerts two totally different types of SAP functionality with the same name (ALERT) ?

Thanks

Ted Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The best way is to create different roles for your users. The C_APO_IOBJ authorization object defines the permitted activities.

Regards,

Alexander