cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want Inspection lot but without task list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

how can we get a inspection lot , but i do not want to create Inspection plan for the material . I want only to do UD.I do not want to create inspection plan. On the each GR i want lot and take the UD or defect recording.

Pl suggest tjhe solution....

Regards,

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are asking for is standard SAP functionality.

You don't indicate what inspection type you are using but it is basically the same for any of them.

Create your inspection type. In the indicators you want of make sure that the indicator "inspec.w/ charac." is ticked off. (I might not have the text of the indicator correct as I'm doing this from memory, but you should be able to figure it out easily enough).

It doesn't matter then if you have the inspec. w/ task list ticked on or not.

You should now get an inspection lot created that only allows for a UD and/or defects recording. No plan is necessary.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Craig, Once Again you have provided the "bang" solution.

Dear Neeraj,

Craig is asking you to deactivate all the below mentioned check boxes in the inspection set up for the inspection type.

1. Check Chars.

2. Insp. with mat spec.

3. Insp with task list.

4. Insp by configuration

5. Automatic assignment.

Deactivate above mentioned all the check boxes and you will have the entire "Insp. Specification", Tab DISAPPEAR from the inspection lot screen and all the lots will fall with status REL for which you can perform Direct UD.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

You are right , i have also done the same settings.I have created a inspection type with these defalt setting, But the problem is this when i am doing GR for Purchase order, inspection lot not creating and it is going to Unrestricted Stock directely.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heeeyyy,

Just deactivate the indicators I have listed.

Ok I will tell you to activate what indicator is required to be activated.

For Inspection Type 01

- Post to Inspection Stock - Activate

- Enter Sampling Procedure if you required any or activate 100% Sample or you can avoid all other.

- Put appropriate Control Inspection lot

- Rest all Check Boxes you should deactivate.

- Don't forget to Activate the Inspection Type. (The check box "ACTIVE"

Hope it will work this time, with fresh PO

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Sep 5, 2008 2:54 PM

Points to CRAIG is must there!!!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj Singh,

No Problem It simple follow the below step.

Go to Material Master -> QM View -> Maintain Inspection Type as 01 under this Active the tick in Post Insp Stock and 100% Inspection in Detail Information.

The above setup is enough for your requirement.

For any query revert.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

You try with inspection with material specifications.

In the inspection type defaults tick the box"insp with mat.specs'

do not tick "inspection with task list".

Try this.

Regards

YMREDDY

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Y M... that requires characteristics in the material specs.. he doesn't want any characteristics.. only a UD.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Maintain 01 inspection type for procured material and 04 inspection type for inhouse material in QM view. Dont mainatin or create inspection plan for the material .

System will create inspection lot for which you can make UD accept or Reject etc.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have a task list assigned to the lot if you want the UD.

But what you can do is can keep only one mic in the TL such as OK/Not Ok? or any other logical. And make the Automatic Assignment indicator on in the Inspection set up for the material. And system will put the lot directly in REL status, so you can directly perform RR And/or UD.

In addition to it, you can go with the Material specification (QS61) instead of Inspection plan.

Regards,

Shyamal