cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Architects...

I would like to understand how SAP MDM can be integrated with SAP SRM/CCM. Since SP03, MDM is OCI enabled so 'close/tight' integration becomes feasible. Doesn't CCM becomes obsolete as all master data can resides in MDM now..

Is there any best-practice on using MDM with SRM/CCM ?

Thx,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

While CCM 2.0 remains supported and maintained up until end of 2013, SAP launches a new component "SRM-MDM Catalog" in September 2006, which can be used by any SRM customers (in particular the ones who have to migrate off Requisite).

In Q2 2007, that version will be enhanced with additional functionalities.

SRM-MDM Catalog is built on the top of NetWeaver MDM 5.5, with a dedicated user interface and repository.

Regards

David

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question of the same kind. Recently I heard rumours, that CCM 2.0 (which is the Catalog Content Management in SRM/EBP environment) is being bundled with MDM. We are running SRM and need to update. So we are trying to gain some insights about this bundle.

Is there anything true about this?

thanx, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mattias,

SAP has (unofficially) confirmed that CCM will indeed become obselete to one of my collegues.

I guess it's now up to some of the SAP moderators of this forum to provide an official answer...

Regars

Dirk

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

<i>SAP has (unofficially) confirmed that CCM will indeed become obselete to one of my collegues.</i>

What do you want to say?

The point is, we're about to update SRM - do we get an MDM Catalog an not CCM? Or is CCM being replaced by MDM Catalog or vice versa?

Please tell me more on this, thanx, Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mattias,

What is the SAP SRM version you would like to upgrate to? If u plan to upgrade to SAP SRM 5.0 (Server 5.5) u dont need to upgrade to SAP MDM, however SAP suggest it. In SRM 5.0 bundle u have CCM 2.0 included,(CCM 2.0 is supported till 2013).

On the other hand if u plan to upgrade to SAP SRM 6.0, MDM Catalog is included.

However, even with SAP SRM 5.0 you can also use MDM Catalog, but it is not included in the bundle but it is something extra.

JK