cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a template of info to be defaulted in a text id in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

My requirement is like this . I need to maintain a new text id in the Header text of the sale order. In this text id I need certian data to be defaulted and user would add additional info to this defaulted data.

For example when I click on this text id in VA01 . It should display default data like , Country : , State : Region : etct ( this is only an example ) against each particular I should be able add the necessary info .

Could someone tell me how we could do this ?

Regards

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't done this in a while, but in VOTXN, each text ID has an access sequence assigned to it, for example in Sales Order Header, text 0001 has access 1.

Access 1 consists of the sequence in which texts are copied into the order header, for example the standard is forst come from referenced document, then customer master etc...:

10 VBBK Sales Header texts

20 KNVV Customer texts, sales

30 KNVV Customer texts, sales

40 KNA1 Central customer texts

You can define a custom Z1 access and use the text object TEXT and ID ST.

10 TEXT SAPScript standard text ST (scroll over--->) Text Name (ex. Z_DEFAULT)

You define the text Z_DEFAULT via SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason ,

Thanks a lot for the reply . This requirement has been put on hold so I didn't try this until now .

I have created standard text in SO10 with a certain name . I have created a new access sequence where in I gave text id as ST object as TEXT and text name as the name with which I created it in SO10 . But still the text info which I maintained under this text name is not automatically .

What is that I could have missed ?

Could anybody give me an idea ?

Regards

Mahesh .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The text which you create in SO10 is intended to be printed on the output as a hard coded text. So, for that text from SO10 to appear on the output your ABAP'er needs to add this logic of fetching the SO10 text into the output program associated with the relevant output type which you are using.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no output involved here. Please refer to my original post .

I am required to have a new text id in my sales order which I already created in VOTXN. I also assigned an access sequence which has text object TEXT , text id ST and text name that I created in SO10 .

I need the text ( in this case a template of particluars ) maintained in SO10 to default automatically in the sale order against my new text id rather than manually including it by double clicking on the text page , going to inclue > text .> standard .... all that process .

I hope I am clear now .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to rule out the obvious, you are testing with a new sales order, not trying to display/change an existing order?

Maybe also try the "wrong" way of manually inserting that standard text, into another text like item text or something, just to verify the SO10 is set up properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason ,

I am trying all this for newly created docs ( delivery ) only and not changing the old ones .

I tested the wrong way and you are right !

The standard text which I created in SO10 - I am able to include it for other text ids also .

Obviously the access sequence which I created and assigned seems to have no effect .

May be SO10 is not set up in a proper way.

Where could I have gone wrong? In SO10 I simply gave text name in the intial screen --> create , in the blank page that followed I typed the text I need ,and just saved it . This text name I assinged in the access sequence .

Is there something else need to be done ?

Please let me know ,

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requesting some inputs on this ...

Regards

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the new access sequence you created, is the text entry the first and only access step? In other words, confirm you don't have VBBK as the first step b/c you might be pulling in from your Order.

Also, confirm all the fields in the step in the access sequence. For example make sure there is no Requirement populated.

Maybe you could list all the fields in your access seq steps.

Also, be sure the access sequence is assigned to that text ID in the text procedure.