cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors After System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had successfully completed the Homogeneous System Copy of ECC 6.0/Oracle on Solaris.

I did the system copy by manually restoring the Offline backup of Production server to QA.

After completing the System Copy my system is up & running. Now I am receiving the complaints from MM consultant they are not able to see the Documents using Tcode FB03 when they can see these details at Table Level.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Shambo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shambo,

Have you run post-processing tasks in the QAS system - have you run BDLS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know about BDLS.

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shambo,

Please remember that because you used a copy of PRD to create QAS, that the contents of the QAS database still have PRD data in them. (This is actually the point of the system copy, right?

Now while from a technical perspective you have SAP connected to oracle (SAP instance to Oracle instance), the data in the database is unchanged. Remember too that certain data types in the system are client dependent - anything with a mandt filed in the table. Therefore, much of the data - possible FB03 data - still reads as PRDCLNT100 (or whatever your logical system name is for the PRD client). BDLS is the toolset that allows you to alter this data to it's proper setting.

So for instance here you'd need to do a BDLS run to change all data tagged with PRDCLNT100 to QASCLNT200 (you will need to insert your values here, seek t-code BD54 for the actual values if usure).

The issue may lie in the fact that a user is logging into the QAS client 200 and attempting to access data that is tagged as PRD client 100. This will often not return any results from the ABAP/SQL query where MANDAT is involved.

BDLS allows for a test run as well before you commit. Please have a run in test mode first. Also, remember that this changes a lot of data in the system, so please be sure you read up on BDLS starting with SAP Help -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d7/9c73631d6c11d2a56e0060087832f8/frameset.htm.

Have fun, and please let us know if this helped resolve the issue you hit.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it happens for some documents or FB03 does not display any document?

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any doc in FB03.