Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the performance of SELECT_TEXT function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have customize report program when i execute it by giving the inputs in selection screen it is taking around 6 minutes to display the output list. iby using se30 and st05 i found out that

the function module " SELECT_TEXT " is consuming more time

below is the function module can one help me in miimizing the performance the sy-subrc = 0 after the FM is called. but the only problem is it is fectiching 576,800 records consuming more time . can any one help me ?

CALL FUNCTION 'SELECT_TEXT'

EXPORTING

client = sy-mandt

id = '0001'

language = sy-langu

name = f_tdname

object = c_tdobject

TABLES

selections = tab_rbkp_text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you explain further why you are that function module then we can give other options

this is what the Function module help lists

SAPscript: Select text

+The SELECT_TEXT creates a table with the text headers of all text modules which correspond to the requirements specified in OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. The entries in the parameters OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE can also be generic.+

The search area can be limited further via the parameter TEXTMEMORY_ONLY or DATABASE_ONLY.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

if SELECt_TEXT is taking more time you can minimize this one. normally performance tuning can be done on selects/loops...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you explain further why you are that function module then we can give other options

this is what the Function module help lists

SAPscript: Select text

+The SELECT_TEXT creates a table with the text headers of all text modules which correspond to the requirements specified in OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. The entries in the parameters OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE can also be generic.+

The search area can be limited further via the parameter TEXTMEMORY_ONLY or DATABASE_ONLY.