cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can brarchive and brbackup run simultaneously ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing problem with too long backups. We are backuping online our oracle database through brbackup (backint) interface. But during the backup the redo log filesystem is filling very quickly and even it is 200GB big we are sometimes out of space there. I would like to know if it is possible to back up redologs with brarchive at the same time brbackup is running. Normally there is lock and brarchive cannot be started when brbackup is running, but I want to know if there is some workaround ?

Thanks

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

it works for us.

Normally there is lock and brarchive cannot be started when brbackup is running.

As far as I know, this lock will prevent another start of brbackup only. Did you try to run brarchive?

You didn't tell us whether you backup to tape or to disk.

If it is to tape, you will need a different tape in a different drive.

Nice to meet another Josef, btw.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

that is interesting idea but i hoped there is maybe some parameter allowing simultaneous running.

Hi Joe,

I think the lock is the same for brbackup and brarchive, but I cant check it now. I dont have test environment for backups so I have to wait until the problem with long running backup appear again or wake up earlier :-). We are backuping to tapes (2 drives).

anyway, thank you both for hints...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you could mount the directory in another server and run brarchive to a different destination.... but i have never tried that.

Regards

Juan