Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Gas cylinders and Drums

Hi all,

What kind of Material type would be for empty anf full cylinders and luricant drums.

At PO, what are the items to be included for procurement.

During Goods issue, what are the items to issued?.

Also i have requirement that, i should get a report saying that particular department is suppose to return this no empty cylinders and drums. Issue may be in last financial year, But how to get the empties back in the current financial year.


Former Member
Former Member replied


You can use the Material type LEIH -- Returnable Packaging.

You will recieve these materials in 501 with special stock indicator "M"

These materials can be issued to other departments using 311 mvt type as there is accounting documents generated in 311 mvt type. Later you can recieve that drums without any financial implications.

You check the all the details of movements in MB51 with mvt type 501 & Special indicator "M"

stock can be checked in MB53 & MMBE with particular coloumn



0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question