cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME ''You are not authorized to access this application; contact your syst'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am new to Portal system . I am trying to get a look and feel of UME in portal but i am getting error "You are not authorized to access this application; contact your system administrator"

even though I am logged in as J2ee_admin user .

Appreciated if anybody give some light on the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is only Java Stack System then you will get Administrator user instead of J2ee_admin.

Then Login Through the ABAP system and give the above mentioned roles from SU01.

MS

Edited by: Shabeer on Sep 5, 2008 2:59 PM

Edited by: Shabeer on Sep 5, 2008 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer

That is done and i also reset the password . Now I am unable to login to portal system .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If it's Enterprise Portal system then you need to login to the system using any of following User-ID:

1) SAP*

2) Administrator

regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

It is a java based system .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rocky,

Check if your SAPJSF user has these roles :

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

It is Netweaver 2004s system and works on both ABAP and Java stack . Administrator in not present as it seems and SAP* does have all the permission .

I doesn't find roles for accesing User adminisatration and system administration after logging in from SAP*.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

yes the users has following roles and I also reset the password for this user from ABAP (su01) . Now none of the portal users are able to login in the portal system .System gives error "Authentigation failure".

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which user password did you reset..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer

I reset password for SAPJSF . Now J2ee server in not coming up . Need to fix it asap

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Need more info on j2ee engine not coming up.. what is the status of SDM and Dispatcher??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats the point of changing the sapjsf user password?

Yes when you have changed it obviously the java stack will not start up untill you change the

passoword in the secure storage. Use config tool and change the ume.master user and password for the same.

You might have problem with some authorizations, try loggin into the visual admin and check the logs.

Who are all the other users? Are they able to login firstly before changing the password?

To login into portal use administrator user if you are on standalone java system installed.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To access the UME portal user should have some special authorisations, its definately a problem with the user authorisations. I don't think it has to do anything with SAPJSF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer

Dispatcher and SDM are running fine , Only JeeServer has stopped working .

Seems that password for SAPJSF needs to be changed in config tool or Visual Administrator somewhere so that it will enable J2ee server .

Waiting for Suggestion .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamshi

Password was changed from ABAP stack (SU01) by mistake . I was unaware from the consequence .

Before changing the password all the users were able to login to Portal . Now no one is able to login as J2ee server is down .

In secure store I don't find any option to change password for SAPJSF . It has option to change admin password .

Please suggest

Edited by: Rocky on Sep 6, 2008 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not be in the secure store, In config tool activate maintanence function and then

navigate to cluster_data>server>cfg-->services and then ume.core(this sort of property sheet)

then you open it you can find ume.master.client, user and password for it.

Regards,

Vamshi.