cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed url iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A basic question but one I have never had to deal with before. I have changed the path associated with a document in a url iview which is used by several roles. When transporting through do I need to include all the roles that use it or do I just send the new iview through ?

Much obliged,

Phil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I will break it down to 2 options that you can look at.

1) Change the URL path of a document in an URL iview

If you change the URL path within an URL iview, the changes you have done will automatically update to the roles that the URL iview is associated with. Test/preview the iview it upon changing to confirm.

2) Change the URL path of the dpcument in KM

If you change the URL path (this means for example you change the name of the document) of the document and not the URL path in the URL iview, then this will result in broken links in the URL iview.

If you are working on option 1, then transporting teh iview should be sufficient to update the changes.

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ray,

Done the trick that; appreciated.

Phil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you edited the source iView, meaning the iView in a PCD folder and not a delta link within some role, then it is sufficient if you transport the iView alone.

Check if the iView has been changed within any of the roles you have using the Role Editor. Then you will have to change the iView again and transport the corresponding role as well.

Regards,

Priya