cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i run F110 some payments area already been made and the checks printed for 20 payments out of 45. The rest of invoices are showing in fbl1n as open items. How can i delete the rest 25 invoices in the proposal list. I hove gone through the proposal>delete but it was greyed out. How can pay the rest of the invoices? Can i delete these invoices from the proposal list?

Thanks in advance

Mammu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Thanks for your inputs.

1) If the payment run payment method different from the document level or master level payment method defined the system wont take into proposal-Correct?

2)due date of the items might be different - system wont take into proposal-Correct?

3) once you run the proposal check the edit proposal tab if the documetns are showing in red color double click on the same and you will be able to find out the relevant error for the invoices not being processed through APP - When i have gone through the proposal there the green light is on the rest of the payment means there is no error.- -Correct?

4) payment block at documetn level or master data level defined - No payment blocks defined at both the levels.- -Correct?

5)alternative payee defined - No alternative payee difined at both levels - -Correct?

In proposal it is showing 17 payments to be paid and the first 10 documents are in cleared items for which cheques have been generated. The rest 7 payments are still showing as open items since, the cheques were not printed.

please clarify,

Thanks in advance

Mammu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason why these invoices are still showing as open items is due to the reasons

- payment run payment method different from the document level or master level payment method defined

- due date of the items might be different

- once you run the proposal check the edit proposal tab if the documetns are showing in red color double click on the same and you will be able to find out the relevant error for the invoices not being processed through APP

- other eason could be payment block at documetn level or master data level defined

- alternative payee defined

check for these first and then rectify the propsal

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya,

I have tried that and it's not worked out for me.

any inputs guys

mammu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mammu,

Dont go delete that .Delete option is not required for that

Run again APP run for rest of the invoicess and give run date (futuredate) of Which next payment date you given next date

Try this rest of the open items will come for payable in this payment run

Regards

Surya