cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading the MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i am using MDM 5.5 SP6 (5.5.60.67) but family table is not supproted in this version.

I know that i need to upgrade patch level,but i don't know the procedure to do so.

Could anyone give me the procedure to upgrade the patch level and tell me which patch level is suited to

support family table?

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please follow the below steps for upgrading the MDM Server:

1. Take the Archieve of all the repositories.

2. Copy the Archive files from the folder C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives into another place.

3. Uninstall all the MDM Components currently installed in the system like MDM Server, Import Server, Syndication Server and GUI Clients. This step is optional because when you install the new version, older one gets over write automatically.

4.Install the MDM Server and the GUI Clients of newer version.

5. Copy the Archives saved before into the path mentioned above i.e. Archives folder.

6. Start the MDM Server and use UnArchive command to get the repositories on this newly installed MDM Server.

7. Load the repositories with Update Indices.

Families table is not suported in MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch0. You can upgrade the MDM Server to Patch1, patch2 or patch3 because all these patches supports Family table. But it is always recommended to use higher versions because many bugs in lower versions are fixed in the higher versions and there may be additional functionality present in the latest versions.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I have tried working on MDM5.5 SP06 patch 2 and the family tables is available under this patch by default.

I think you will have to upgrade your MDM to a higher version.

You can have a look at the below thread to understand where to navigate to download and install the latest patch.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM 5.5 SP6 supports family table, i think you dnt need to upgrade the patch level, Families table is not a default table available when repository is newly created.

Please follow the following Procedure:

To see the Family Table in console, Add Table having name= Families, Type = Families and Family Field = Category

so for this you must have field in Maintable which is lookup to Taxonomy table.

For more details refer this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mdm-elearning ---> Using Family Tables in the Master Data Management Console and MDM Data Manager

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Family Tables have not been supported in MDM 5.5 SP06 P0. Please see note 1072842. Patch levels supported are all above (including) 1. Latest patch level is 3.

Download all components from the SWDC and then install first the MDS, then MDIS/MDSS. Then update all GUI clients and portal components. That's it in brief. Refer to Upgrade Guide for more detailed info.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch 1 and the Family Table is supported here. Even i was aware of Family Tables supported in MDM for 5.5 SP06 P1 and higher Versions. My build is 5.5.61.48 which i mistaken as 5.5.60.48 and as build use by Narendra is 5.5.60.67 i thought it might be supported as it is higher than my version build. Narendra you can download any Patch from Patch1 to Patch3 for your MDM 5.5 SP6 which supports Family table. Thanks for correcting me.

Thanks,

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narendra,

You can refer the MDM Server upgrade Guide from the Service Market Place:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119702007E

I hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...