Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CrystalDecision.Windows.Forms not present on other computer

Hi

I am having a problem with Visual Studio 2008 and Crystal Reports.

I have created a program with several forms where data is entered onto and saved to a .csv file. The data in this file is then used to populate a Crystal report and the Crystal Report is then viewed on the last form by means of a CrystalReportViewer.

I then create a .msi installation file (by means of a setup project) and package all the necessary files into this file. I then extract everything on another computer.

When I run the application on my computer (where development took place) the Crystal report works perfectly and the data is correct. But when I run the application on another computer and try to view the report I get the following error message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit,the application will close immediately.

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly u2018CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version 10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304u2019 or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I played around in the u201CMy Projectu201D properties and came across the publish options. Within this the application files can be selected that needs to be published (included in the setup project). In the list I can select and include the u2018crystaldecisions.windows.forms.dllu2019 (I expect this is what the error refers to when it states assembly). But if I select and include this and rebuild my project into the .msi file I get the follow warning within Visual Studio 2008:

Unable to apply publish properties for item "crystaldecisions.windows.forms". Insinger DBIP

I do not understand why I cannot add this assembly although it is necessary to run my application.

Within the Setup project dependancies u2018crystaldecisions.windows.formsu2019 are also not picked up. Why is this?

And as a side question: What is the code to update or set the datasource for the Crystal Report at runtime?

Thanks in advance,

PS. I have attached screen shots of my project code and how the forms and error look

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question