cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Remove Orphaned Texts do in webdynpro project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rightclick on webdynpro proj -> Repair -> Remove Orphaned Texts

Why is it used?

Thanks and Regards

Vidyadhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose in component controller code, we used one BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST. Then we deleted this bapi from the model and imported BAPI_FLIGHT_GETDETAILS. So the code we had written previously was showing error. Then if I do Remove orphaned text its says nothing to do. I think since it is a user coding the code has to be changed manually. Only metamodel inconsistencies will be corrected by repairing.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even I tried by importing unwanted java packages and it didn't remove anything.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is used to remove texts from different .xlf files which doesn't have consistent entries.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyadhar,

Remove Orphaned Text will Remove any Unnecessary code which might be there, after modification of the Code. All this code which is unwanted will be Removed by the Remove Orphaned Texts.

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhargava,

Can u please temme this unwanted code will b result of which operation..?

becasue i have tried to use this option by creating n deleting sme unnecessary methodes..n used this option..thni got a message "nothing to do"

Regards

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khusboo,

For Example If you Created one Model using BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST and service controller is used for binding the model and the service controller0 writes its own code for getting data from the BAPI. But After later time you want to cahnge your BAPI to BAPI_FLIGHT_GETDETAILS which is different from the previous one so you need to change the service controller1 to bind the component controller and Model. In This Case after removing previous model the code return by service Controller0 is considered as Orphaned Text.

sometimes when save all metadata and rebuild the project it will be automatically removed, other wise we need to remove it by using remove orphaned texts. doing it for second time it will display nothing to do with it. means there are no orphaned texts in the coding.

Regards,

Sharma.