cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0Calday format has changed from dd.mm.yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy after the Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Recently we have upgraded our Quality system to BI7. We had come across with one strange issue in BEX. The 0CALDAY format has for change from dd.mm.yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy after the Upgrade.

I checked the User Profiles where the date format is perfect for all the users. Its with dd.mm.yyyy. But the report output is coming like dd/mm/yyyy. This is happening only for the 0CALDAY.. but not to any other date objects.

I tried checking the forum on the same, but cud not got a solution.

If any one come across the same issue after the upgrade, can you please share your experiance and provide me with the solution.

Thanks

Raman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Change the cell properties of Excel sheet and save the work book.

Regards,

aanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Can you please explain me in step by step.? I'm not clear on the answer.

If you can explain me in brief I will be thankful for that.

Thanks

Raman

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Raman,

If you are executing your reports in excel (using BEx), then there is a chance that the properties of the excel cell are different than the user profile properties for the date display.

In excel, right click on the date colun and go to 'Format Cells'. You will find an option for date there and set the display property for the date column as per your requirement.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh,

But in the Format Cells, we dont have date format for dd.mm.yyyy. We have some other things which are not required.

Thanks

Raman..

Any other solution please. This is emergency for me.

Any more imputs please..

Edited by: Raman R on Sep 4, 2008 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue has got resolved. By changing the settings from Control Panel.

Thanks for the suport.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

add on to your solution.

We can display date formats based on the location in excel.

So find out the correct location so that we can display in that format.

For Ex : Your requirement can be solved by setting location as germany in cell properties of excel.

Regards,

aanand

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

You might have tried this but just want to confirm. In SU01, change the Date Format in Default tab. Save it and log off and log on again. This may help in getting rid of your problem.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I did tried that in SU01. I checked there.. The date format is same, there is no issue with the profiles..

But for a test I even did changed the date format in SU01 to dd-mm-yyyy. this is getting reflected in RSRT but not in the report. The report is still giving me as dd/mm/yyyy. This seems be crazy as the changes are not getting reflected in BEX.

Is there any other solutions for this?

Thanks

Raman