cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title of Tab Strip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to change Tab Strip Title, All the text in that iView are changing. But Title of Tab Strip Heading is not changing.

Help me, if any one achieved this before.

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to change the header of a tab two ways are there

1.expand Tab you found tab_header under properties you can find "texts" give string waht ever you want.

example texts="TEST";

2. assign a attribute to the texts property and populate value by action.

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

I navigated till properties of View Set (i.e. Open the Navigation Modeler right click your layout> go to the properties>)

I can see embedded View name, embedded View package, Id but i can see any text there where I can change name of the tab strip. can you please give me steps

Ramesh,

It looks simple to change the name of the caption's Text from the Layout but it is not changing, the same old name is displaying whatever name you give.

Any more suggestion please.

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.A.,

Make sure your Layout type is "Tabstrip" while creating the Layout. How Many Tabs required in your application?If you want 4 tabs

Go to Layout--->properties

Give tabCount is "4"

then place it in your view in corresponding Tabs in the Tabstrips Lay out

Now Go to the Layout properties--->Viewset Dynamic Properties

tabCaption[1]=<Title1>

tabCaption[2]=<Title2>

tabCaption[3]=<Title3>

tabCaption[4]=<Title4>

That's it

Regards,

P.Manivannan.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

R.A.,

I'm a little confused. I could not find property 'Title' for 'Tab Strip' either in NWDS CE7.1 or NWDS 7.0.0.9.

What I understand is either you want to change 'Header' property of a Tab or there is a 'Caption' or 'TextView' UI element just above TabStrip that serves as Title for TabStrip and you want to change this.

Case 1: Expand your tabStrip->Expand the relevant Tab->Select Tab_Header->Change value of property 'Text' to whatever you want to use.

Case 2: In the Outline view, expand RootUIElement. Find your Tabstrip in UI elements and see what is there just above the TabStrip. You may want to change the Text property of that element to change TabStrip Title.

Hope I could understand your issue and this helps. Let me know if I can help you further.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan/Vishwas,

I try all the way and i couldnt achieve it.

This is standard esscatsap.com where i am trying to change the TabStrip title.

If i set text as empty (i.e. Text = <>) in tabStrip, is displaying as empty as runtime. but if i give any text it is displaying old tabstrip only.

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try to change the caption from the .xlf created to make sure that the changes works...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

Your solution is working.

Thanks

Ali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an attribute of type string and bind this to the Caption[Tab_header] text property.

Change the value using [assuming attribute Name is LabelText]

wdContext.currentContextElement().setLabelText("Hello");

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.A. ,

Open the Navigation Modeler right click your layout> go to the properties> view set Dynamic propertis

In the tab caption give your title name.

That's it.

Regards,

P.Manivannan.