cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 4.6C (industry with JVA) to ECC 6.0 (industry with JVA)

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just would like to use your experineces in our project. This makes things eayer and qualitativ.

Anyone has done some experiences with the upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 (industry with JVA modules)?

My questions:

1) whats better to upgrade to just ECC 6.0 (ABAP) or ECC 6.0 (ABAP+Java)?

2) Please the coresponding links for the upgrade guides.

3) any thing to consider regarding JVA?

4) How long the technical upgrade take?

5) Maybe you can give an estimation of time, costs etc for customer with around 150 users?

Thanks in advance

HanseAtik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

"experiences": Recently, I have seen a post with the same topic and some helpful answers....

2) Please the coresponding links for the upgrade guides.

- service.sap.com/erp-inst

4) How long the technical upgrade take?

- downtime like one weekend. The complete project longer. On service.sap.com/upgrade I remember to have seen some statistics.

5) Maybe you can give an estimation of time, costs etc for customer with around 150 users?

- see service.sap.com/upgrade

regards,

Andreas R

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Can you please let me know which DVDs (Nummbers) I need for the upgrade from R/3 4.6C to SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP ECC 6.0)?

My platform is: Windows 2003 with oracle 10.2.0.2.0

Thanks in advance

HanseAtik

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse Atik

are you looking for the "Media List", which is part of teh Master Guide SAP ERP 6.0 (last chapters)?

Above I have forgotten to mention, that it is worthwhile to check if an industry specific Guide exists. These are available from the navigation level above /erp-inst (service.sap.com/instguides).

regards Andreas R

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I am looking for the Media List. I want to sure to that what I have. In the upgrade Master Guide (version 16.00 - July 15 2008) Material Number 500 79661 I can find nothing about Media list.

Anyway, now I am trying to run PREPARE.

Thanks

HanseAtik

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for SAP ERP 6.0 it is part of the *** Master **** Guide SAP ERP 6.0 (service.sap.com/erp-inst) - chapter at the end of the document. The Upgrade Master Gudie references it, but does not repeat it.

for SAP NetWeaver it is a separate document, which is related to the Master Guide (service.sp.com/instguidesnw70)

regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)