cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Project Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client needs project definition field should only be displayed(Not editable) once project status becomes'Released'.

How would I do this?

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the requirement is not to allow change in proj def once the project definition is released then try following

1) It can achieved through small development.

2) Use BAdi BUS2001--- with the help of ABAPer write an implementation.

3) Use BAPI_BUS2001_GET_STATUS and pass Project definition as input. Output will be system status. If it is released ( in background it will be stored as I0002) than check value of PROJ : PSPID same as input else throw an error " Change in proj def name not allowed after release".

4) Also exits available in validations--- can explore same. However logic for the code can be as xplained above.

I donn think it can be possible by just customizing. I verifed in Field selection criteria for Project definition....system status is not in infulencing criteria.

Post ur observations after u try as advised.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

As you mentioned in Point 2, I checked with our ABAPer, there is no such BADI's with the name BUS2001. And also for the point 3, there is no BAPI with the name BAPI_BUS2001_GET_STATUS exists, but BAPI_BUS2001_GET_LIST is avaible.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BAdi name is PROJECTDEF_UPDATE. -

BUS2001 is a short text so neglect.

BAPI is BAPI_BUS2001_GET_STATUS. Go to T-code SE37 and type the same and select display option. Learn from there what values are imported, exported and what input required.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much. we are able to do the with the help of BADI

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Answers (0)