cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Structure Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I look for fields for my Extract structure , I can see some field are in blue color and some are in black , It must be having some meaning , I dont know that , Can you please let me know what is that mean ?

and one more thing what is diffrance betweent adding append stucture and Enhansment done in Data source ?

What is relation between Append stucture and Enhansment ? Do we need to right extraction logic for appended feilds ?

Please help me to understand this

Regards

Ashutosh D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Black are the direct fields in the strcture and the blue came through the include structure and append structure. The includes are used by sap for the reusability purpose.

Enhancement includes appending the extract structure along with other activities.

• Append the extract structure with required fields

• Enable the fields for display in the transfer structure (this will come when u save the DSafter appendings)

• Write code in the exit to populate the newly added fields.

Hope this will help you!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to know in which exit the code for population added fields ? I am not able to see any code written in ZXRSAU01.

Is there any other place , when code can be written ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well....thats a lengthy process...

you have to go to CMOD t-code

check which all methods are there...and you have to find the one which is used to enhance the data sources for BW.

In most of the cases it contains BI somewhere in the name...so thats the easiest way to identify it.

inside it there will be many includes ...go inside each one...

Once found u can search the code with the name of your data source...and not the extract structure....once you find the code below your data source name in the ABAP program...then you can see in the code from the fields are getting populated and from which table and for what conditions.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on the type of data soruce.

For example for transactional data EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001, For Master Data it's EXIT_SAPLRSAP_002 (go to se37 or cmod and will find all)..

In the exit include : ZXRSAU01 you need to catch the data source and write your code by looping through the internal table for extract structure.

like case <datasource>

when <your data source>

• write the code here by looping or call a custom function module to do the processing in a modular manner.

For more details specify you exact problem. Or you can check the exit function module parameter or function module help for more reference.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks