cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiscal year varient ecc 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I created one fiscal year varient ecc .6.0 ,(24 period , april to march) i can't save that varient . i got some information gap in financial year varient period ZZ

thanks

bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the periods as below

Month Day Period Year Shift

1 15 1 0

2 31 2 0

3 15 3 0

4 29 4 0

5 15 5 0

6 31 6 0

7 15 7 0

8 30 8 0

9 15 9 0

10 31 10 0

11 15 11 0

12 30 12 0

13 15 13 0

14 31 14 0

15 15 15 0

16 31 16 0

17 15 17 0

18 30 18 0

19 15 19 0

20 31 20 0

21 15 21 0

22 30 22 0

23 15 23 0

24 31 24 0

Cheers

Srinivas

saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New G/L is having extended facility comparing to classic G/L. Classic G/L is supported by Sap Table GLT0 whereas New G/L is supported by SAP Table FAGLFLEXT.

Addl. fields like cost center, Profit center, segment will be available in this table which is not there in OLD table. If it is a new implementation you need not activate New G/L. With all new installation New G/L is activated with the standard SAP.

New GL concept is used normally in the following situations:

1. An organization has units in more than one country and has separate currencies and need to maintain separate ledgers.

2. Different financial years are required for legal requirement. For ex: for the companies act Jan to December and for Income tax act April to March

3. To Maintain US GAAP or any other GAAP requirements.

Example:

Letu2019s assume that your company is in INDIA and US. Your parent company is US which follows FY K4 and Your Indian Company has to submit the balance sheets as per FY V3. Also Indian companies follows Indian GAAP and US company USGAAP.

Letu2019s assume that there are some accounting differences between these two and the values differ at the time of posting. In such a case you create US company as a Leading ledger with FY variant K4 and Indian company with V3.

When you are posting transactions which are independent of ledgers the system will post to all the ledgers by default. When you want to post transactions to only effecting Indian GAAP then the Ledger Groups Come in to the picture and you will post to the ledger groups by using FB01L or FB50L. These two transactions will give you the flexibility of posting to selected ledgers.

In multi ledger environment you use FAGLB03 instead of FS10N and FAGLL03 instead of FBL3N. You can have only one leading ledger and all other are non leading ledgers. You can maintain as many ledgers as you need with different currencies, different fiscal year variants. In classic GL environment you need to configure this by using special purpose ledger and derive your reports. Important concepts in NEW G/L are

1. Parallel Accounting

2.Document Splitting

3.Integartion

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to maintain no of days for each period in Periods folder. Check the year shift also in the same folder. OB29

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system is probably not allowing you to save because you have not defined the periods of the Fiscal Year variant.

When you define the FYV, select the PERIODS to the left of the screen and define your periods.

This will probably solve your error.

Let me know in case of further clarifications.

Regards

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya & kavitha

I created the FV varient , after i select PERIODS to the left of the screen , i maintained 24 periods, here FV is saved but periods not saved , still the system shows that error

( Error : Gap in fiancial year varient period ZZ)

Thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

tell me what error came while you were doing

Regards

Surya

Edited by: surya naveen on Sep 4, 2008 11:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi surya

It, s not a error , some information

(gap in financial year varient period ZZ)

but i can't save that varient.

Thanks

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

ok Now i come to know what problem it is

Check periods folder there u were not maintained line or patteren of the days from one peroid to another period .

Thats why system couldnt save that

Any doubts feel free to ask

Regards

Surya