cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Production Order UDF to Purchase Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some udf created in Production Order Row level like length, size, height which varies for each production process and I want that these udf's which are filled with some values comes in the Purchase Order when MRP is run based on production order.

How to achive this in SAP Business One. How to link udf's for diffrent tables.

Regards,

Kawish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will the UDF values be the same for one item in all Prod Orders or will it differ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

The Udf value for individual items would change as per requirement for making production order.

And the udf would contain formatted search which would have fixed contents and one will choose as per requirment.

For example :

Production Order No 1

Item = Abc

Udf ( Length ) with formated search = 10

Udf (width) with formated search = 20

UDF ( Specification ) with formatted search = Any predifined specification.

Note : Now for Production order No 2 the above details in udf can change as per requirment for production / purchase process.

Now I want once this production order is saved all the udf details showed come in row level of Purchase Order after doing MRP by Production order.

I hope to be clear as per my requirement.

Please suggest any solution for such case.

Regards,

Kawish

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the MRP has a link between the particular PO and the Prod Order line then it can be done and not otherwise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Thats fine but how to achive this. I am not able to understand what you mean by it. Can you explain in detail.

Regards,

Kawish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still awaiting for any solution for my query.

Regards,

Kawish

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the MRP run does not link a particular production order to a purchase order, it will be difficult to link the UDF through Formatted Search.

It probably would be possible to list all Production Orders and the UDF values but the user would have to make the selection on the PO.

Please refer to tables MSN3 and OMRC

Answers (0)