SAP SD to SAP Banking
Can anyone provide me some info on how a SAP Banking would be beneficial for a SD person. Basically i know few of the banking fundamentals. Would it would be beneficial for a SD guy to look into SAP banking.
Plz do answer me
1 Is the SAP banking any where integrated with SD. if where?
2.If a SD guy goes to SAP Banking wat will be the future road for my SD.
3, If i continue in SAP Banking,wats d road ahead of me.
4.If i go to SAP Banking down the line can i enter again into SD
4. If i enter in SAP Banking can i be termed as a Dual function consultant.
Plz do clarify my doubts friends
I would be gr8ly thankful
Lot depends on your academic background & relevant real life business experience. In the absence of which, I can say as under(presuming that you do not have real life banking experience. i.e. You did not work in a bank before jumping into magic world of SAP):
SAP Banking ( I mean SAP industry solution Banking) which is specially meant for banking industry which has industry specific functionalities. Unless you are ex-banker, you will not be expert in the SAP Banking (being a consultant, end client and even system itself warrants this.) However one can struggle with determination and settle down as demand for the resources is much more than supply (at least in the short term) .
Now your specific questions:
1) Integration SD & Banking: I do not think so, if at all very small element.
2) SD to Banking: Most likely you will forget your SD on the one hand and if situation permits you will learn some thing in Banking.
3) Continuation in Banking: In continuation to point 2 above, in the short term (12 to 18 months) there wonu2019t be much problem (as banking industry badly need resources) but a big question mark for medium to long term (2 years or more)
4) Dual function: Lot depends on the level of expertise gained. In the normal course SD is used in NON banking industries such as trading or manufacturing of goods where as banking is used for NON trading or manufacturing industries u2013 more specific financial services. (As such SD & Banking are in opposite quadrants)
I am not discouraging you but tried to paint real life scenario.
Either way, Good luck!
Ambadas (ex banker)