cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS protocol

Former Member

Hello Experts,

I do have a doubt in using NFS protocol in FILE Adapter.

Is it is possible post the Message to a Local drive ( Say D drive ) or a Network Drive ( Say Z drive ) whcih was Mapped to server Machine .

If so please provide me some suggestions to post the message.

Cheers!

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dilip,

u can use FTP as a transport protocol and and u can use the D drive as a shared folder.

for this install one FTP server in u r local machiene and create one root folder.

plz go thru this blog... i am sure u r problem will be solved.

Thanks,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for the blog

Unfortunately, I can able to post the message sucessfully.

As mentioned I have downloaded GUILDFTPd server and installed in my system .

I have even given the paths as mentioned. ( After clicking ok, I cant able t o find the path once again ... Stange !!!!)

As mentioned I have also created a folder by name Output .

I have also given my local System IP in File communication channel ( with FTP Protocol) .

After all this when I have tried to post the message from FTP server I can see below error in RWB .

Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

check this thread, u find out the solution.

Regards,

Skumar

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Mainly u can use NFS protocol in 2 conditions ..

1. when a direcotry is configured in LOCAL XI server then u can use NFS protocal to integrate the message..

2. Secondly we need to mount the directory either it may be shared one or an independent one.. such directories can be configured by using NFS protocol ..

and in the remaing cases we need to configure an FTP server according to our requirement by making the standalone as an FTP or a dedicate FTP ..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I had a M drive which was mapped to the machine where my XI server is configured.

So If I am using NFS then can you tell me what path name I need to give in the Target Directory.

Let us assume I had a ABC name system where SAP XI is installed in C drive. If I am using NFS then I can only post the message in the shared drives of ABC.

But my problem over here is

I want to post the message in a System by name DEF ( both ABC and DEF are in same domain) . I have mapped the sared drive of DEF to ABC system like Z:\DEF\Deepu

Can you tell me how I will give the path of Deepu folder in sstem DEF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is mapped to your XI server then you can use the NFS mode. Use transaction AL11 and copy the dir path from there and paste it into your CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Kindly elaborate your answer please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes if you select NFS you write the file to a local PI or mounted directory.

The configuration is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

NFS : Folder in XI server or Shared folder in the local sytem (//system name/foldername---Directory)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry,

system-name\shared-folder