cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a bit confusion.I know that we can have an abap+java systems installation or a stand alone java systems.

My question is how can we determine this.I searched on my system but couldn't find it.

<removed_by _moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards,

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a bit confusion.I know that we can have an abap+java systems installation or a stand alone java systems.

Or an ABAP system

My question is how can we determine this.I searched on my system but couldn't find it.

Easy... This is the first way that cross my mind.... go to directory /usr/sap/<sid>/ inside you'll find several folders... if you have an abap system you'll see a DVEBMGSXX directory if abap central instance or a DXX if appl. server, additional to this you'll find JCXX if theres a java instance (where XX is the instance number) and if the instance is standalone then you'll not find the directories for abap.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Thanks for your reply but I need a small clarification.You mean to say.

1. If there is DEVBMGSXX folder in user/sap/sid directory then it is an abap system?

2. And if in addition to DEVBMGSXX , I also have JCXX directory then it is an abap+java system?

Regards,

Vicky

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically yes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan.I will keep this thread open for the time being,expecting some more replies.

But deep down I seriously doubt anyone will touch this thread as you had already taken this.

Such is your credibility across the world and I appreciate your contribution.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

Vicky

Edited by: vicky singh on Sep 4, 2008 11:47 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such is your credibility across the world and I appreciate your contribution

WOW Thanks for that... but i'm not always right, the basic reason for me been here is that I learn a bit from each of the questions I read or post on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Small correction vicky

> 1. If there is DEVBMGSXX folder in user/sap/sid directory then it is an abap system?

under DEVBMGS if you have j2ee directory it is ABAP+JAVA

else it is only ABAP system

> 2. And if in addition to DEVBMGSXX , I also have JCXX directory then it is an abap+java system?

if you have JCXX directory it means it is only java system

Samrat

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you see.... thanks Samrat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan/Samrat,

Now I am totally confused.

Juan says Yes for:

1. If there is DEVBMGSxx folder in user/sap/sid directory then it is an abap system

Samrat says:

If there is DEVBMGSxx folder in user/sap/sid directory then it is an abap system

Conclusion: It is fine with me.

2.Juan says Yes for:

If in addition to DEVBMGSXX , I also have JCXX directory then it is an abap+java system

Samrat says:

It is only Java system.

Conclusion:Confusion whether it is abap+java or only java system.

In my first post when I had written abap+java and java

Jaun says abap system.

Both are potential repliers what to do.Do I consider we have abap, java and abapjava systems.Though I heard of java and abapjava but Juan says abap and abap+java so I though may be it is a mistake on my part.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Vicky

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remember that you have a third option that is a java add-on. which it will justify the JCXX folder.

Confusion whether it is abap+java or only java system.

In my first post when I had written abap+java and java

Jaun says abap system.

I said OR an abap system... as you didn't listed the option

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky

Please read usage types in master guide for information regarding ABAP+JAVA, only JAVA, and only ABAP systems

concept is simple if ABAPJAVA and ABAP system have DVEBMGS folder under DVEBMGS if you have folder called j2ee then system is ABAPJAVA system

if you have JCXX then it is purely java stack system

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samrat.You cleared all my doubts.Also Juan has written Or an abap system but I myself get confused.

Regards,

Vicky

Edited by: vicky singh on Sep 4, 2008 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The confusion comes from the fact that you have 2 possible types of ABAP+JAVA systems.

You can have :

• Dual stack systems with the j2ee directory

• Separated stack systems : in that case this is basicly a Java only system but connected to the abap system. This java instance can be on the same host or on a different host that the abap host.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

My goodness.Thanks for all your replies.I also need to enhance my reading skills

Regards,

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also go to SMICM -> Goto -> HTTP Server -> Display Data.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check SM51(Message type).

Cheers

Deepu