cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting save popup to appear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there any developers here who can help with this.

We have extended cProjects to include an additional tab for maintaining several bespoke fields against each project. The tab itself works perfectly and a user can add, delete and recall data that has been maintained. However...

With the standard cProjects tabs (i.e. Basic Data, Notes, Status etc), if a user was to modify any of the fields within each view and then clock on "home" without having saved changes, a popup will appear which reads "Data not saved will be lost. Save First".

However this does not happen when when any of the fields are maintaind within our custom tab. (i.e. the popup asking the user to save does not appear). The applications simple drops out of the project and returns to the home page.

Could anyone advise me on how one would go about registering that change has occured and subsequently trigger the "save" popup one the home button is clicked?

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

How have you set up the additional tab.

Is it a custom webdynpro component that has been used or u have extended the standard SAP cProjects tables using customer includes and enhancements.

For custom components, you will have to handle in your component. In case of enhancements to standard cProjects, it will be automatically handled.

Pl let me know how have you included the custom tab, so I can give you a better solution.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set up the additional tab using a custom webdynpro component implmenting DPR_CUST_EXT_INTF interface so i would antcipate a solution that involves an enhancement to the the custom webdynpro component...

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, I guess you will have to take care of it in your component.

If you are having cProjects on Portal, probably try setting the application dirty flag when in change/create mode and reset it in display mode

Apart from thatI have one more question, have you included your custom fields in the customer include of standard cProjects tables eg DPR_PROJECTS or you are using a completely custom table?

Regards,

Reema.

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I read Sergio's topic about the customer web-dynpro component implementation with DPR_CUST_EXT_INF interface.

I would like to know how to make it works.

We already have put customization inside SPRO. We set parameters on cProjects->Global Enhancements and projects elements ->Show Additional Tab Page in cProjects.

We set an association between custom Tab Page and a web dynpro component as we can do it.

We put DPR_CUST_EXT_INTF as associated web dynpro component .

But when we launch the cProjects application we get this error:

"Error on the creation of the component DPR_CUSTOMER_EXT; the component &MSGV& is not implementing the interface's component DPR_CUST_EXT_INTF (used component: DPR_CUSTOMER_EXT, componente application EXT_INTF )."

What does this means?

Our target is to put a custom field, such a boxfield or a textfield to catch tasks, phases, checklists and checklists points changes. For every change we would like to set a routine in SAP R3 inside a BADI.

Thanks for your help.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any answer yet in this issue? I will highly appreciate anyone throwing some light among it as I am facing the same problem.

Thank you

HF