cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search for a fields ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know it's an easy question but I've not find, how to search for a fields in Database on CR XI R2 ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre

Do you want to see which database fields you have inserted in Crystal Reports and in which section you have inserted what fields?

If yes then

-open formula editor

-In the right side pane expand Formatting Formulas.

-Expand all the sections one by one and it will show you database fields,formulas and all the objects used in the sections.

Hope this will clarify your doubts.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asha,

It's not my issue, it's only to make a quick search on a fields name, on the right menu "Fields Browser", because I've more than 100 fields and it tooks time to find it.

I know search are available, because in the "Group Expert" you can made one.

Thanks for you answer

Alex

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexandre,

There is no option to search fields in the Field Explorer however you can right click on the table and sort them alphabetically. You can also set this up for each connection in the Database Explorer and sort the tables and fields alphabetically by right clicking on the Datasource and choosing Options.

Hope this makes it easier for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Graham,

I very missed with my fields for now, because they are extracted with a very old codification and not renames (easiest to developed and not to avoid one).

So I will use my trick in the "Group Expert" ...

Or do you have any way to export to a list (excel, txt ...) ? The only way I found is to add ALLs in the report then to made a search on it ?

Alex

Answers (0)