cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tgt qty is contract exceeds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am refering a quantity contract to create a release order/sales order.

While doing so if i exceeds the target qty in contract (for example tgt qty in contract is 10 & in my sales oredr i am putting qty 11) the system is giving the warning message that the tgt qty is exceeding. (i know the setting in item catg - completion rule)

But i want to have error message, means the system should not allow to do so. What is the setting required

Please reply

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Vinod

Please check

go to SPRO and fowllow the path and do the settings

Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream) -

MCOE (Marketing, Contracts and Order Entry) -

Define contract restrictions, Select yr contract type and in the column of QTY check u will find ' W ' there make it ' E ' u will get error message.

Hope this will help you.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Its very normal that you can enter order quantity more than the reference contract quantity flowing from the contract. This is standard functionality.

Additionally it is not recommended that you change the standard SAP standard messages from warning to error etc.

Better you should go for an exit. Use following details:

Goto SE38 & enter include MV45AFZZ

Then goto user exit "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT". In this you should tell your ABAPer to write code such that it compare the previuosly refered quantity & hence does not allow to enter quantity more that that in contract. You will get error message while saving the document & system will thus prevent extra entry of quantity in sales order.

Hope this solves your requirement

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhananjay

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the item category check under the value contract field, there is contract release control, change this to 'B'

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

I tried this setting but it also does not work, i think it is only for value contract and not for quantity contract

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Go to the copy control of contract to sales document type in VTAA.

In item level you will find update document flow

specify "2" there.

hope this will work

Regards

Susrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but in copy control document flow -2 is for create doc.flow record except for del/GI/billing doc. It does not serve my purpose. I want that the qty in sales order should not be exceed the tgt qty in qty contract.

pls reply

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Have you tried this setting of copy control?

Regards

Susrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susrikant

But it doesn't work

Vinod