cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's between PO reserved qty and missing parts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I make a test but now confused about the result for my sap, so I want somebody can help me to clarify the steps listed as below, if wrong please point it out and tell me which result should be right

1.after production order(PO) created then reserved qty(2pcs) created, the qty(2pcs) keeps same when I released this order, and missing parts list created if unrestricted stock(1pcs) can't meet the demand(2pcs)in this order. then if I receive parts(2pcs) to our stock, means unrestricted stock(2+1=3pcs) raised, if it can meet the demand of this order, then missing parts list disappeared no matter this order is only opened or had been released ,the same result happened.

2.then I opened next two orders, but I find same missing parts list occurred in this two orders and show required qty is 2pcs and committed qty is 1pc (this 1pc I think is our stock 3pcs deduct the first order demand 1pc),it seems system doesn't conside the required date of this two orders. I think it should be the early one should show required qty is 2 and committed qty is 1 ,and the later one should show required qty is 2 and committed qty is 0( because no available qty left)

3. if I change the finish date of one order to early or later ,I find the missing parts keeps same, that means system doesn't recalculate the demand and stock for this order again

4. if I increase the unrestricted stock enough, then missing parts list disappeared step by step following the original require date of orders, it is not effected by it's current required date (this date I can change)

From above these result, I want to know what's the correct result or what should be it looks like.

1. Is it the same result that order opened or released for missing parts list?

2. The required date changed; does the missing parts list keep same or changed accordingly? Later if stock raised then which order has the higher priority to get parts, which rule they should obey, the original require date or the new required date?

3. If I change the required date, how can I free the reserved qty except the technically completed applied?

4.if these also influenced by which background configuration , also please explain it.

Any advices are welcome!

Helai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Lai,

Every thing seems to be OK.

All this are because of the settings made in Availibility checking group.

To confirm it go to T.code OPJJ.Select your Checking grp. maintain for Order type in OPJK.

Now again come to OPJJ,

Select your checking Group and go to details.

Here you find tick against Include Reservations., which will manage the Material availability between orders which contains the similar components.

- Yes it will change if you change the required date.

- If you want to remove reservation except Teco then go to component list and tick Final Issue Indicator.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,it works,now for other questions about missing parts list

when I change the required date of one Pro.order to later, I find the reserved qty(committed qty or blocked qty) is kept,so even I open a new order with a early required date before it, this new Pro.order still can't get this blocked qty,so this new order has a missing part, but for me , I want system recalculate it and re-distribute the unrestricted parts to these two released order according to their required date. if I manually free the blocked qty in first(old) order,then the new opened one will get the free qty,but because the first order has so many parts ,so it seems difficult for me to change the committed qty to zero(means free the blocked qty) (who knows which T.C can free block qty by oder?) and later I still need this first oder to recalculate the demand against the stock to generate the missing parts list if stock can't cover the demand.

so whether it is possible that system redistribute the stock to all orders according to the required date after one Pro,order 's required date is changed?

if yes, then I can get the accuracy missing parts list

Any advices are welcome!

helai

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions?

For I have a new question for missing parts ,so I post a new post by clicking the new linkage listed below:

[;

Edited by: lai he on Sep 5, 2008 4:27 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

close it because I have a new post instead