cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC posting errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The idoc is not getting posted. It says 'The EAN (ean no.) has an incorrect check digit'. Please let me know as to how I can rectify this issue. Also do tell me why this error is getting populated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing is working.... I am not able to figure out if this is happening because of the service pack upgrade (there are different codes in the 2 different servers which I'm not dealing with), or is there an issue in the LSMW code or in the test data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok..Check out this source. read from page number 108.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/LOMDMM/LOMDMM.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should check if your EAN normally has 13 digits or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has got exactly 13 digits....

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the check digit is wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For IDocs with the status incorrect or successful, you can view in the application log the messages issued during processing of the IDoc. After resolving the cause of the logical error, you can repost the incorrect IDocs.

An EAN normally has 13 digits and the following structure:

1) EAN prefix

This may be a country indicator, identifying the country from which the material comes,

or, in the case of instore EANs, it may be company-specific.

2) Article number

3) Check digit

Its purpose is to ensure that no incorrect EANs are entered manually or scanned.

Position |Meaning

1u20133 |EAN prefix

1u201312 |Article number (the EAN prefix is a part of this)

13 |Check digit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the segment value for EAN1 and also check for conversion exits for the field while posting.

CONVERSION_EXIT_EAN11_INPUT

CONVERSION_EXIT_EAN11_OUTPUT

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is 'getting populated' (as you call it) because.

'The EAN (ean no.) has an incorrect check digit'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.... But can u tell me what this check digit is and how would I rectify this error....

I am working on two different servers....And I'm finding this error in both the servers.... There is a code which calculates this check digit in both the servers and both these code are different.... But I am not dealing with this code part.... I am just dealing with the LSMW which can post the Idoc....Can you please tell me how i can rectify this error....