Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

when we create z-pool tables???

Please give any real time example...

...Thanks

...Ashish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before posting any thread read the rules of engagement.

Improper subject line.

Regards,

Sravanthi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before posting any thread read the rules of engagement.

Improper subject line.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pooled tables are used to store internal parameters for Database parameters only and is always used for internal purposes - rarely you will have to create a pooled table for use in programs unless and until for DB Programs and DB data maintenance.

Pool Tables (match codes, look up tables)

Should be accessed via primary key or

Should be buffered (SE11->Display Table->technical settings)

No secondary indexes

Select * is Ok because all columns retrieved anyway

Hope the below link gives you an insight into how the pooled/cluster tables behave.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/81/415d363640933fe10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

For better understanding on how and when to create pooled/cluster table, refer to the below examples.

All Condition tables i.e., Annn tables (pricing/discounts etc.,) belong to the table Pool KAPOL (Condition Pool) as the underlying concept is same across different condition tables, but, they have different Key (primary) fields.

Accounting Document Segment (Line Item records) BSEG is a cluster table that belongs to the table cluster RFBLG. Also, other tables such as BSEC, BSED, BSES, BSET also come under the same table cluster as all of them possess the common Key i.e., BUKRS/BELNR/GJAHR.

Regards

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure that [Vijay Gajavalli| ] will be flattered that you copied his answer, Bala.